“While the country continues to navigate an extremely difficult phase, like clockwork the Catholic Church advances its demands for funding for Catholic private schools. The 120 million euro that has been allocated with the emergency act are not enough. They want a billion. It is always the same story: the government accommodates the Italian Episcopal Conference (CEI) by redirecting funds away from public schools, under the usual false pretense that private schools areessential, and it would be a disaster without them. A real bit… Read more »
Daily Archives: Monday, May 25, 2020
- We’ll be voting on the 150th anniversary of the Capture of Rome. When Politics forgets History
- Private schools to receive 8×1000 from the Catholic Church’s tax rebate? For once, we agree with the Italian Episcopal Conference (CEI)
- Tax rebates to the State or the Church? Uaar is leading the conversation while the government takes a back seat
- Religious celebrations are back: and the Catholic Church gets preferential treatment
- Allocate the 8×1000 portion of tax returns under State competence to investments in the national health service.
- Holy Mass or Public Health: Which Should We Protect First?